Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So What do you tell your Daughter?

So preplexed, what do I tell my college age daugher - advice???  She has just found out one of her "very best friends" has been feeding information to the enemy.... or just all her secrets....

Quote "If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees."  Not sure where I found this quote - long time ago

Followed by  (Martin Luther King) " The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

As how she reacts to this will be a reflection of who she is, as she already knows who her friend is...

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, what an aweful situation! I have been there many years ago and at that time I didn't really know how to handle this. I always struggle with things like this.. but I do know what I would like to do: to react with dignity and show the world I'm the bigger person. Inside, I would be crying..
    I think in her heart your daughter knows what to do..

    Best of luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true, "react with dignity" I think that is so important, she is just in a bad place now, I know it will get better, of course right now she is "never going to trust anyone ever again". And some how we always end up trusting again. At least I have. Thanks so much for your special comment

      Delete
  2. That's so awful! I remember when my parents told me never to trust anyone ever with anything - not a significant other, nobody. I knew they were saying it to protect me, but it left a lasting imprint on me, and not in a good way. That is such an unfortunate situation I just don't know what to say! Sometimes the only way you know who your true friends are is through an experience like this, and I'm a firm believer that every experience, even the negative ones, helps you grow as a person. She will come out of this stronger, and perhaps more careful, than before, I'm sure of it. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad we have to go around NOT TRUSTING.. It's hard to understand why. Thanks for the HUGS. I needed them, of course she does too.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.