Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stitching update, and Grandkid Christmas Craft Day 1

Some updated WIPS  Witches, So the top half is complete, well all but the inside of the moon circle - that is like a two hour job - or it will feel like one, it is all the same color, and will seem to me like a whole lot of stitching, and no change.  I save areas like these for Car stitching, or Dr. Office stitching. 

I worked on this project, on Satuday and Sunday.  The beginning of the week I worked on Silvery Moon.  I did about 1000 stitches on her.  If you look at the bottom right, you can see the end of the chart.... That is a wonderful thing, as the page has been defined, and I know exactly how much more I need to stitch....  That makes me smile.  She has been put away now until end of September, but I am confident, I will finish her.   My current project is the Papillion Around the World in 80 Stitches, I do not have a before picture - I really only have about 80 stitches into it - but am going to try to make a dent in part 1 - they are up to part 5, and I am not comfortable being this far behind.  We will see. 

  Check out this beautiful little Hersey's Kiss Tree.  My girlfriend is making these as center pieces for her daughters wedding.  I am loving it.  So I have decided this will be a Grandkids Craft Day event.  We will make one for each family - by then the Hersey's Red and Green Kisses will be out - they are just toothpicked into the cone.  I have seen this before, but have never done it.  I bet the most expensive thing will be the kisses for sure.  SO this will be the craft for the older kids - I will have to be on Kiss Control as I want to make sure the kisses do make it to the tree. 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. If we see a finished Hershey's Kiss tree that looks like a couple of 'branches' are missing, we'll know what happened :) Beautiful job on Witches and Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (the stitch at the end of the page??) on Silvery Moon. You'll have her finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress on your WIP's. That Hershey's Kisses tree is AMAZING. A great idea for Wedding decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Your wips are looking so lovely!
    Wow - love the tree your girlfriend's making, it's a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kiss tree is really neat! Nice progress on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree is a really nice idea indeed! I can imagine them with Ferrero Rocher's (little gold balls). So much fun to do this with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.