Monday, April 9, 2012

Reflections

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman
Today I took a long hard look at myself in the mirror, before I got dressed, the full length one.  UGH.  Seriously Mindy.  Okay.  So because I did not like what I saw, decided once again, this was going to be day One, get back on track (Weight Watchers Track) and get back to living my life the way I need to.  Heck, my blood pressure medicine had to be upped for a reason.  Went looking through my archives of quotes back from my Leader Days and found this one - and it hit it for me today.  Fingers crossed it will stay with me for awhile so I can get back to my Healthy Weight.  I am tired of squeezing into my pants, and choosing not to wear jeans, elastic sweats feel so much better.

Today, I took out my Points Plus Calc. and figured out the P+ for my new natural Peanut Butter from Peter Pan.  6 P+ s serving.  SO with Peanut Butter, I just needed a half a serving to give my Banana a boost.  My goodness I can't tell you when was the last time I used that calculator.

I can't keep fooling myself, - it does matter to me how I look - I worked so hard to get there, why am I being so stupid.  It does matter about my blood pressure, and I can't control it without good food choices and activity and it is not something to play with - I am just a year younger right now then my dad was when he had his heart attack and died. 

What's my weekly plan.

My weekly plan is to track everything.  That's it, just one change.  But along with that tracking, I am limiting myself to 5 non power food snacks this week.  No Hersey Bar after lunch every day, no Ice Cream (full strength) on Chocolate Grahamn crackers every night, no counting beer as a liquid.

Fingers Crossed.  Good Luck to me.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, Melinda! Weight loss is such a difficult journey, but a worthwhile one! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading your comment was an incredibly awesome way to start my day. I am so happy I did make it through day one - Thanks so much for taking time out to encourage me....

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.