Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Stitcher's Garden 2016 Retreat


There is so much to share about my Retreat and the wonderful time I had.  This is a picture of our Main Project - Our instructor is amazing.  L-D-Da.... This is a link to her website. I was so excited to attend this Retreat - and all my expectations were more than met.

This is a picture of our "Tender Hearts"  Needle Roll project and where I ended with the stitching on Sunday.
This picture is a close up of the inside of the Stitching Roll Case.  The pin cushion at the top we filled with "lizard litter".  and attached the wool insert to hold our needles.  I plan on finishing this project as soon as my I can so will share as I go - hopefully the lighting will be better with the next pictures.

We also received too many gifts - and I will blog again to show the stash I came home with.

We also did several small projects - taught by some of my favorite people from the shop.
 There is a very small scissors fob - We were given a choice of about nine designs - each was a small square - I repeated it four times to make the fob.  We were able to pick our own fabric from several pieces and pick either red or blue thread.  I brought home another piece of fabric and the blue thread for another scissor fob I will also complete soon
The pin cushions were are Sunday morning project - the small one is the size is made on a bottle cap.
We also made a wool felt needle book.  Mine was so elementary 

But I am using it, and it is very cool.  Thank you to @AStitcher's Garden and La-D-Da.  For a wonderful fun filled weekend.  Can't wait until next year.  
  

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks and sounds amazing. Glad you had so much fun

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab weekend - love your needle roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have had a great time. And there certainly was a lot of stitching and crafting. Your needle roll will be gorgeous. And such lovely little finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The needleroll looks interesting and you had time to do other small projects. pretty scissor fob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retreats are so relaxing and you've come home with some lovely pieces. I hope you enjoy finishing them off. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.