Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016

As with each new year, I would not be honest if I did not review the past year and look forward to the new.

I am so very happy, I took my empty nest issue into my own hands and moved out on my kids -- to my very new cozy, tiny home.

I took my health into my own hands and was able to get off of all my puffers and steroids for my lungs,which saves me hundreds of dollars in prescriptions and now I can walk again without losing my breath.

Which was the key to me losing 20, and running again.

I met my reading and 90% of my stitching goals.

And I survived another year without choking my manager (who is a good friend) at my job and now have but 2 and 1/2 years left until retirement.

I started to read my favorite blogs again -- and even added a comment or two and started posting to my own blog.

SO THAT WAS A VERY SUCCESSFUL YEAR.

I can only hope for 2016 I overcome my challenges and can stay in the same amazing mental space I feel right now for the rest of the year.

OKAY

I held my New Years Day Brunch  which was so very fun.  All the kids came with the grandkids - my two single daughters (who rent my old home) had an amazing New Years Eve, which limited their ability to do just about anything and texted me with their regrets.

just so happens I have leftovers.

I hate to cook, always have, not sure why - always seemed like way too much work for me - however, if I do it with a crock pot - don't mind one little bit.  Everyone does the most amazing things with crockpots.




I used Fix It and Forget It   One of my favorite Cook books.  And prepared  5 different brand new wonderful dishes - my kids have never had before - on purpose - else they would eat the same stuff all the time.   The best new recipe I tried was  The ones that tried it liked it -- I did but it was very sweet.
My Bar with Pots 


Stitching Update --
Winterology
Cheers to a wonderful new year - when you are able to have a happy and healthy life and we all find somehow to live together, celebrating our blessings and find a way to embrace our differences. Peace on Earth.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, love your stitching, you are very tidy and precise, I will be back for another peep, Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing 2015 you had! Seems like you have taken control of your life and are happy which is great! I look forward to see what 2016 has in store for you and look forward to seeing your stitching updates. Happy New Year Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful for you that 2015 was a successful year for you - health wise and family wise :) And that you met so many of your goals. I hope that 2016 will be just the same, happy and healthy and full of stitching and reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous achievements wishing you a wonderful 2016

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous achievements wishing you a wonderful 2016

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.