Sunday, November 11, 2012

Because of the Brave

Land of the Free, because of the brave.

Veterans Day. 

My dad was a WWII Vet.  He graduated high school in 1941,enlisted.  Couldn't go in the Navy, he was color blind, joined the Air Force.  My dad never talked about the war.  He talked about being an American, and how proud he was to be a Vet and how important his country was.

4th of July was the 2nd most important holiday in our family, only Christmas was more important.  We grew up waving flags, Pledging Allegiance, and singing the Star Spangle Banner.

I am blessed to have been taught the importance of the Armed Forces, Pride in my Country, created with the ideals of equality and freedom for all.. REGARDLESS.

I am blessed and Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.