Friday, April 21, 2017

April Check In - Theme-tas-Stitch

I am having so much fun this year with my Theme-tas-Stitch SAL  hosted by Kerry.  The theme this month was water.

Link to Earlier Post April Water Stitching

I also had one more Finish - started during March Madness I am including in my April Showers stitching.
Girls, Kathy Barrick
This is sideways.  I will finish it with the bird standing up.  I figured the first thing needed after planting is watering and all the trees,and vines and flowers need a lot of rain.  So I reached out and felt this would also work for the April theme.

This will be a Christmas Gift for my daughter - brand new mom of a baby girl.  It is also works for My Memories of Mom - her garden was amazing.  We spent hours of our Summer Vacation weeding.  I always tried to get out of it by telling her I didn't know the difference between the weeds and the flowers and she would always tell me that was okay, but wouldn't I feel very sad if I cut short the life of a flower.  Thanks Mom!.  

Next month May is Monochrome.  I am going to do a lot of Brown/Gold stitching.  I plan on working on several wips with shades of brown.  

11 comments:

  1. You have so many lovely projects this month. Thanks for joining in this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute finish--a perfect gift for your daughter :) I look forward to seeing your monochrome finish. Having just done that LHN Spring one in green, I am hooked on one color stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great finish. I went the same route for April showers and showed some garden pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the cute finish.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely finish, I'm sure your daughter will love it. Great tenuous shoehorning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your lovely finish.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice finish and what a smart Mom to tell you that about the flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish, Melinda and such a nice gift for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty stitching Melinda, I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you were still able to stitch in spite of being sick! The Easter Basket is gorgeous--lots of solid stitching in that one!
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.